Updated: June 14, 2016
If you're already taking the time to create original content for your Instagram feed, why not repurpose that content to drive traffic to your Instagram account + grow your following? Two birds one stone, right?! The easiest way to do this is to Pin your Instagram posts. Follow this simple tutorial below...
(These steps are meant for executing on an iPhone)
Copy the Instagram link
- Go to the post you want to share in the Instagram app
- Click the (...) three dots on the top left of your Instagram posts
- Tap “Share”
- Tap “Copy Link”
Open up the Pinterest app on your phone
- Tap on your profile tab
- Tap the “+” sign to add a pin
- Pin from a “Copied link”
- Pinterest will automatically populate the copied link from Instagram. If it does not auto populate, you can simply paste the link in from the previous step
- Pick the proper image associated with the pin
- Edit your Pin discription to include Pinterest optimized keywords
- Add a location if possible to maximize the searchability of your pin
- Choose the correct board for your pin to be added to (you may even want to create a unique board for your Instagram posts)
Pro Tip: Pin your Instagram post to relevant group boards to increase your potential for repins + more traffic!
It's easy as that!