Phew! This past week has been a major whirlwind of inspiration, hard work, and oh yeah... did we say inspiration? Last weekend we hosted our second social studio! To say that the two days were amazing, fabulous, and the BEST TIME EVER would seriously be an understatement! We left Sunday with new friends, new knowledge (yep even for us! Did you know Twitter now translates Instagram handles? Read about it here!), and loads of new ideas!
After the craziness of this past weekend, we took some time to sit down with one of the incredible people who helped make this event such a success, Elana Jadallah. Shout out to all our amazing sponsors and our two interns, Gaby and Crystal — we could not do this with out you! Now, back to Elana! This creative babe is our new business developer. Wahoo! Read on to discover the five things she can't live without and her ambitions for our company in 2015...
If you could describe yourself in five words, what would they be and why?
- Creative - In every part of my life, I try to do something a little different. Whether it’s with photography, design, home decor, event design. . . my heart beckons to create! My imagination + zest for life is an integral part of who I am.
- Confident - I believe confidence is key! If you don’t believe in yourself, who will?
- Intuitive - You’ll often hear, “I have a feeling,” come out of my mouth! I am all about listening to your gut intuition + have always had keen feelings about people and situations.
- Captivated - By life + all it’s facets. I am a very enthusiastic, energetic person who is constantly thrilled + enamored by something new!
- Ambitious - I am goal oriented and truly make success + happiness (of myself + the people around me) a priority.
"If you don’t believe in yourself, who will?" (Tweet this!)
Besides coffee (obvi), what gets you going in the morning?
Honestly, I’ve always been a morning person! Since I was wee, my mum always was up before the sun (I’m talking 4:30 AM). She would exercise, shower, get ready for work + then proceed with her day. From a very young age, I followed suite. In no way am I as motivated as her–working out at 4:30? no way–but I have always had an early internal clock from mornings with her. Now, I know everyone that’s not a morning person is rolling their eyes, but for me. . .I am just happy to have quiet mornings to myself + believe each day has the possibility of bringing something new + exciting.
Tell us a little bit about your experience in social media marketing.
I have always drawn inspiration from photography. After learning the trade and practicing in the field for over five years, I started seeking jobs that stemmed from this passionate space. Digital + social media marketing combined my social nature and creative eye in one. I love the instantaneous nature of the field, the creative people I have connected with and the ever-changing challenge of keeping up! For the past few years I have worked in this capacity and most recently I have ventured into social media consulting for small businesses, so social studio was a natural choice! I love creating high-quality content, cultivating community and sharing authentic thoughts–those are the key pieces that make me love social media marketing!
Besides creepin' on Instagram (wink) what do you like to do in your free time?
My free time is filled with– moments with friends, my partner Aaron, + my mum; t r a v e l i n g! I love the excitement of new places + spaces; photographing these adventures; and sometimes, just sometimes, I love to cook, hike, and go on coffee dates with old + new friends alike.
If you were deserted on an island what are the five things you would HAVE to have with you?
Geesh, that’s a hard question! Deserted on an island... I would need:
- Coconut oil - I use it for everything! Moisturizer, hair conditioning, cooking, sun protection, lip balm, oil pulling etc…
- Pen + Paper - I’m sure there’s lists to be made even on a deserted island
- A good book - Nothing passes the time + expands your mind quite like a great read
- My ‘Stress Away’ or Lavender oil. . . To keep me calm + sane!
- & Aaron. . . I think his 5 things would probably be much more resourceful + keep us alive!
What's your fave social media network and why?
Instagram–easy! I know, it’s most people’s right now but Instagram was the social media network that had me saying “hallelujah!” as soon as it came out! I just love that I can express myself through images, the simplicity of the app + the community. I have met so many incredibly talented + amazing individuals through that little app!
What are you most excited about in working with us? What are your ambitions for social studio in 2015?
I am most excited about working with social studio because I find these workshops so very inspiring! I am humbled and thrilled to be able to use my talents to impact + grow so many people + businesses. In 2015, my ambitions are to take the social studio workshop to some of the best cities all across the US! I am hoping to creative inviting spaces, to work with inspiring sponsors and make an even bigger social impact on small businesses than we did in 2014!
images c/o Elana Jadallah